Monday, August 25, 2008

Soon, it begins...

And so, approximately one week from today, give or take a few hours, I will make my grand arrival in Japan. I have already heard from my host family and also the University's students that were assigned to help me learn my way around campus and the city. As my friends and family know, this is not my first time in Japan, for I spent the summer of 2008 bobbing around Tokyo, pretending that I knew what I was doing. However, this time I am in a whole new city and in a host family, not apartment, situation. I hope that my flight will be relatively uneventful, but I have a bad track record with flights (one thing sums it up: British Airways from Rome to Newark. I ended up in JFK).

My expectations and goals for this trip are simple, so if anything else were to happen I would be pleasantly surprised.

Expectations:

  • My host family will be nice
  • My school will have easy enough classes that I can roam about Kobe freely without the thought of homework looming over my head
  • The summer will be humid and the winter very mild
  • I will see my friends
  • I will gather enough random experiences that I can transform it into a book
Goals:

  • Climb Mount Fuji like a champ
  • Attend at least 4 concerts of my favorite bands
  • Buy a new Gothic Lolita outfit
  • Go to Club Pure
  • Make as many friends as possible
  • Work out often to get in better shape

And so, it will begin on August 31st, arriving on Sept 2nd in Kobe, Japan...A 9 month span in the land of the rising sun.

No comments: